Sunday, April 22, 2012

Reason #234 you shouldn't DIY everything

beauty school dropout

I've been itching to change my hair. It's usually around this length that I start wanting to chop it off, only to find long styles I want to try after the fact. Instead, I got a little cocky this weekend and decided a DIY ombre.
Untitled
After whipping up a beverage and getting my tools ready, I went back to the Internet for advice. Ya'll, those YouTube videos are dangerous! They left me feeling empowered and in control. Snort. In all the heady madness, I forgot how temperamental my hair is. Ombre on others ended up a bit trailer park* on me. In an attempt to salvage my hair, I ended up back at the store today for more bleach. Might as well go all in.

objects in mirror are lighter than they appear

I didn't intend to spend so much of my weekend on my hair or wind up with it so close to blonde!

P.S. Is anyone else participating in Ali Edward's Week in the Life

*I'm allowed to say that if I spent a tiny portion of my youth living in a trailer, right?

3 comments:

  1. Oh...that color in the picture looks kind of nice, though! :) I just dyed my hair an accidentally shocking shade of brown (black!), and I'm hoping it fades down quickly in the next few days...lol. Oh, hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! It's just a little shocking to see myself in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete