Thursday, December 01, 2011

Coffee house therapy

Is it odd that, while I'm not a huge coffee drinker, I have an affinity for coffee shops?

 
Dirty latte at Demolition Coffee in Petersburg, VA

Don't get me wrong, I love caffeine. Coffee just doesn't happen to be my preferred delivery system. Coffee shops, however, are one of my favorite places to rest my feet during a busy day spent shopping, touring, or art seeking. I love grabbing a table and tossing around ideas and dreams with a friend.

Bayou Bakery
Bayou Bakery in the Courthouse area of Arlington, VA

If we're going to get specific, I fall hard for independent coffee shops in historic buildings that do things like use reclaimed wood and pay attention to their decor. Picky much?

Shoe's Cup and Cork  
The ceiling at Shoe's Cup and Cork Club in Leesburg, VA (a new discovery this weekend)

Do you have a coffee shop I should check out?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am sooo right there with you on this one! LOVE coffee shops and I would say, more often than not, I don't even order coffee. I go for a tea!

    ReplyDelete