Thursday, December 15, 2011

My watching year, 2011

saving seats
Saving seats back in 2008 for our 48 Film Fest premiere! 

Inspired by this post from Austin Kleon, I decided to post my own list of movies watched in 2011. To be honest, I didn't expect the list to be quite this long. I originally intended to just list out my favorite movies viewed this year, but when I saw the list, I couldn't help but post everything. All the fame, all the shame right here before you.

Caveat: I've said it before, but it bears repeating. I have been known to readily embrace crappy flicks. Judge all you want. If you want to see me get snooty, we'll have to talk books.

Movies that I loved (i.e., own or would like to own)
 Midnight in Paris
Bill Cunningham New York
Beautiful Losers
Helvetica
Herb and Dorothy
Contagion
Black Swan
Real Steel

Movies I enjoyed a heckuva lot
Fast five
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2
Super 8
Bridesmaids
Fright Night
Hanna

Pretty entertaining
The Hangover 2
Columbiana
Tower Heist
Captain America
X-Men: First Class

Meh
Tree of Life
Horrible Bosses
Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon
I am number 4
Bride Wars
Gnomeo and Juliet
Hoodwinked

Save your money, save your brain
Sucker Punch

Movies were listed in no particular order. Thanks to all my cohorts who ventured out or shared a couch with me to watch these. Of course, quite a few of my favorites I happened to see alone.

What have you been watching this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment