Sunday, October 02, 2011

Tim Conlon @ Art Whino

Derailed 2 show by Tim Conlon

I was excited to make it back out to Art Whino this weekend. I haven't been since the opening of Richard Salcido show and, when I happened to walk by earlier last week, knew it was time to go back. The current show being featured is Derailed 2 by Tim Conlon. I was immediately pleased with what I saw from Conlon, but I think it's pretty obvious to guess why. {His roots are in graffiti and aerosol is his medium.}

Derailed 2 show by Tim Conlon

Honestly, I tried to form an opinion about these pieces beyond the fact that I generally found them pleasing to the eye, but they weren't powerful enough to spark that much emotion in me. Instead, it was akin to walking through a documentary of interesting graffiti art observed. You can check out a bit more from Art Whino by clicking the photo below for a few more shots of what I saw on Flickr.

Art Whino art wall

No comments:

Post a Comment