Sunday, October 02, 2011

Crafty Bastards Redux

Crafty Bastards loot

We made the trek to Crafty Bastards today. Despite the rain and battle for a parking space, it's always time well spent. It is one of those rare places where I can handle massive numbers of people moving through a confined space and huddling under tents to view and purchase goods. This has to have something to do with the fact that folks attending the craft fair tend to be pretty chill and happy. The photo above is the loot I took home. Why, yes, that is a lunch bag with the anatomy of a unicorn. I also snagged another print from Berkley Illustration for my wall.


New Berkeley Illustration for the wall

I should probably also mention that a couple of us grabbed Hill Country Barbecue Market for lunch. This was the first time I've had a chance to sample it, but you guys have to go. The brisket and sweet potato mash were really good, and I'm even willing to go out on a limb and say the barbecue was definitely reminiscent of Rudy's*.

*In case you're not in the know about Rudy's, it's pretty damn good and situated at classy places in Texas like gas stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment