Tuesday, October 25, 2011

That's What She Read, Episode 1

Remember when I added "record a podcast" to my list of October goals? I guess I cheated a little by including it because I knew this was brewing. Ravena and I both read a lot and find ourselves debating/arguing about books quite a bit. Sometime our tastes intersect, sometime they don't. I got the harebrained idea that we should take turns selecting a book and record our chats about it.

*drumroll*

Welcome to the initial episode of That's What She Read, a book review podcast where Ravena and I ramble on way too much. This episode is a bit manic, and a lot went wrong with the recording. For example, the metronome-like beeps, I had no idea those were actually recording. Don't hold it against us! Instead, consider this a test. We promise to work out the kinks by the next episode. Also, if you're expecting a formal, snooty book discussion, you probably want to skip this one. In fact, it's so FAR from snooty that I used the word turpitude when I meant fortitude. Forgive me, English Nazis.

Without further ado, click on the photo below for a fun ramble about The Magicians by Lev Grossman.


that's what she read

2 comments:

  1. Why is there a metronome sound on the podcast? LOL. :P Also - I can hear the fan of your computer heating up. Haha. #justsayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you´re Blog is very cool.I come from Germany.I would be happe if you visit my Blog.


    http://al-sc.blogspot.de/

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete