Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Streets of Philadelphia

This weekend, a small group of chums drove to Philadelphia to do a bit of touring, and we had such a great time. It's so rare to have a list of potential stops and actually hit most of them. The planner in me was ecstatic! Too often we tire easily and head back home after only a stop or two.

I've been to Philly a handful of times and am always up for exploring new places. It wound up being a bit of a foodie tour that began with an 8AM stop at Federal Donuts and ended up with vegan pizza for the ride home from Blackbird Pizzeria (fantastic sauce, crust, and even the daiya "cheese" wasn't bad).

 Philly spoils. Kinfolk and Federal Donuts.  
Donuts I brought back from Federal Donuts. Lavender-vanilla, Indian Cinnamon, and grapefruit-
brown sugar.

Perhaps the thing I was most looking forward to was a trip to Terrain. I can think of no better way to kick off a Saturday than shopping for attractive goods for the garden and one of the best brunches I've ever had. I'm still thinking about the butter made with brown sugar and a hint of sea salt. And, I'm not alone. Terra is still waxing poetic about her mushroom sandwich.

Terrarium purchase from Terrain  
My new terrarium purchased from Terrain. I also walked away with a baby succulent, Kinfolk mag, 
a new toothbrush, and a packet of tomato seeds. :-)
 
stacked flower cart

We did manage to do more than eat. The trip also included a visit to the Institute of Contemporary Art, Brandywine View Antiques, and lots of book talk. The Four Corner Store actually has an outpost at Brandywine Antiques, and I was able to pick up a juice box camera and some film. It will be fun to play around with.

Such a great weekend! Needless to say, I'm eating a lot of salads for dinner this week.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I saw some of those sweet plants in cool vases like that at West Elm (one of my favorite stores)! And p.s. Those donuts look AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete