Wednesday, March 28, 2012

jagged beauty

Red Emma's

I found myself venturing down new streets and neighborhoods in Baltimore today on my way to a meeting. I've always felt I knew Baltimore pretty well, so I was surprised that it took just a few turns to feel like a new city. It was my home base when I first moved up from Texas and where me and the roommates would go to hang out. We spent many of those first few weeks just driving around aimlessly, getting lost and finding our way.

I don't think Baltimore is for everyone, and there are certain people I know who'd I never take there. The city, while somewhat broken, has a raw beauty, and I dig that. It was particularly inspiring today. I passed a number of paste ups I wish I had time to capture. Unfortunately, the only photo I managed was a quick snapshot through the raining car window of a bookstore I want to check out.

2 comments:

  1. I love days like spent exploring. They always leave me feeling refreshed only wishing that I had been able to capture every savory moment on film to share it with everyone I love. The rainy photo here is beautiful. I love the mood of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! When I'm driving, I have to remind myself that it's okay to pull over and get out of the car, even if it's just to capture a photo. Thanks for the words about the photo.

    ReplyDelete