Monday, December 30, 2013

My watching year, 2013



Is it just me, or did 2013 fly by? Cliche, but it feels like such an incredibly real sentiment. The year, itself, has been fantastic. There have been so many movies in my life this year, ranging from gut-wrenching to entirely forgettable. Most of these films will be touchstones for different moments in my year, and while the films themselves may not stay with me, perhaps the circumstances surrounding them will. I think I will always remember this Christmas as the year we watched 10 movies in 48 hours because the local video store in my hometown offered free rentals in appreciation to their members. A challenge we accepted and met.

My entire 2013 watch list is below. My 10 favorites of the past year include: Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, Argo, This Is The End, Pacific Rim, Stories We Tell, Les émotifs anonymes,Catching Fire, The Way, Way Back, and Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Silver Linings Playbook
Side Effects
A Good Day to Die Hard
Warm Bodies
Iron Man 3
Expendables
Premium Rush
G.I. Joe Retaliation
Now You See Me
The Heat
Pacific Rim
Red 2
Thor
Les émotifs anonymes
Catching Fire
Street Dance
Miss Fisher's Murder Mystery (series, but I've been mainlining them like a movie)
Rango
Snowmaggedon
Man of Steel
2 Guns
The Lone Ranger
The Purge
Fast and the Furious 6
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Violet & Daisy
The Way, Way Back

2012, 2011 lists


Inspired by, and borrowed from, Austin Kleon.

No comments:

Post a Comment