Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Weekending, 06.15.13

Robinson Nature Center

Robinson Nature Center

Weekending

Weekending

Like my halo? #nightsatmcmahons

Ah, weekends, so often the sweet spot of the week. Forty-eight hours spent racing the clock. Really, it's far too little time to reboot my brain, write all of the things, read all of the books and spend time with all of my people. That doesn't mean I don't give it my best shot though :-)

I managed to climb out of bed at a reasonable hour on Saturday morning to meet up with Ravena for a trip into Maryland to check out Hobby Lobby. Somehow I got it in my mind that they would have a sign with the word 'library' on it. They didn't. I can't help the fact that it was less than two miles away from the Dutch Country Farmer's Market (and things like candy apples, which I did not buy). When I got home, I spent some time trying to read a few Avengers comics in preparation for a post I'm trying to write comparing fanfic to comic books. It was nice to kick my feet up before getting ready to meet Scarlet at McMahon's in Warrenton, VA. If Stars Hollow were a business, it just might be McMahon's. I like it (and their vodka tonics) just that much.

I treated myself to This Is The End and Now You See Me on Sunday morning (thank you, $5 matinees) before grocery shopping and all of those other necessary weekend activities. Honestly, I expected to be disappointed by This Is The End. Sometimes I feel like I'm broken on the inside because I don't always find comedies funny like most people seem to. This, however, was freaking hilarious. Don't get me wrong. It was also stupid, but I found that I couldn't stop giggling.

The first two photos are actually from the Robinson Nature Center in Columbia, Maryland. I was there on Thursday afternoon, but the center was just too pretty not to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment