Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin cupcakes: the easy way

Pumpkin cupcakes

I've been hoarding* two cans of organic pumpkin ever since the season began and decided that today was the day to put it to good use. All of these fall leaves have me in the spirit. That said, I'm not much of a baker. I always have to fight the desire to tweak the recipe (usually because I don't want to add a certain ingredient), so the more precise chemistry of baking sometimes alludes me. Plus, my stuff never turns out as pretty as the pictures, and that frustrates me to no end.

I used this recipe from Real Simple. Tweaks for this recipe include: store-bought icing, a splash of maple syrup, and my own mix of spices.

My favorite part of the picture above might just be my grandmother's Thanksgiving potholder.
 
*All it took was rumors of a pumpkin shortage for me to decide to buy two cans of the stuff. It should be noted I've never purchased pumpkin puree in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Omg - I *love* the tray your have your delicious cupcakes on!! :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle! It's a lucky thrift store find.

    ReplyDelete