Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It was the worst of times

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

Alright, I allowed myself to be positive yesterday, but let me be frank. There is a lot of negativity happening out in this vast world of ours.

"...winter of despair..."

                                                   "...season of darkness..."

It's almost as if Dickens met Representative Cantor and the whole host of Tea Party flunkies we are having to deal with. Honestly, I get so mad at what they are attempting to do that I can't move. Can't even breathe. I begin to ponder boxing classes to channel the anger they ignite in me. Coping mechanisms are a must.

Do they hate women?
  • Take H.R. 3, for example, which was said to be an attempt to redefine "forcible rape".
  • What about the House vote to defund Planned Parenthood, an organization that focuses on women's health and sex education?
Clearly they think the environment can take care of itself.
I'm also curious what logic there is to their tactics in Wisconsin after all the grandstanding we heard about job creation.  Oh...right...logic isn't really a requirement to hold political office.

I could go on, but really, I need to focus on happier topics for a while. My only goal is that hopefully I have made you angry enough to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment