Thursday, January 05, 2006

The food of Elvis

Do you ever go to a place and look around, wanting to automatically make it yours? The people you see there are the kind of people you automatically want to make friends with and have in your inner circle? Last night I joined a friend at Busboys and Poets and felt that vibe. It's one of those places where you want to belong. Walking in, the creative energy of the place rolls over you. I wanted to paint, to blog, to design. It was that life I wanted to live and those people I wanted to know. Hanging out in the city always makes me starry eyed. In the city, the creativity is a palpable , organic thing. In Fairfax, the fair suburban isle I call home, you have to stumble across creativity, peeling back layer upon layer of mass appeal. Thank God I've stumbled upon a few kindred spirits out in Virginia that make it ok to call it home for now.

4 comments:

  1. MAGIC HAT!

    And greeeeeeat sandwiches. I want one right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah since I read about that place I've been interested. Glad you liked it so I'll get the chance to go!

    OMG LOVE THE PHOTO OF THE DAY HOLY HELL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can definitely lure Steven to this place with the word...cheap. Next time, we're trying the Magic Hat beer.

    Yeah, that photo rocks my world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to lure him places;)

    ReplyDelete