Monday, February 27, 2012

Crafting a new space

One of the things I worried about most when moving into a new space was the loss of my built-in craft area. While my old apartment was small, I was lucky enough to have a built-in desk that made for a perfect place to hide away all of my craft supplies. Even though I was gaining more space, it's not like I would have an extra bedroom/office/craft room (leave a girl to dream). Enter the filing cabinet...

 new craft "space"

If you know me at all, you know I'm obsessed with things that have multiple drawers (I will own a library card catalogue one day). My solution came in the form of a tall filing cabinet being tossed by my office. Free? Industrial? Yes! I was a little worried that it wouldn't properly blend in, but I was happy to be proven wrong. In fact, it's one of my favorite corners.

My type collection graces the top, and there is the beginning of an inspiration board happening on the side. Open the drawers, and you may find things still a bit messy, but it's coming along.

just my type

inspiration bits

anatomy of a craft drawer
(ribbon, vintage bias tape, crepe paper for that spontaneous party, vintage photos and bowties, 
a print by Rar Rar Press, blank canvas, etc.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow great find I think it looks awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete