Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August List #12

This one is too easy.

Top things an earthquake in DC reveals about myself and my coworkers:

1. Coworkers are funny. "Talk about a wild ride. I was on the toilet when the quake hit."

2. Certain coworkers will be useless in a crisis situation. Real-life example: "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! IT'S STILL SHAKING!" Panic is never helpful, people.

3. We are a dedicated bunch of SOBs. I don't think anyone who was actually in the office left early. In fact, I think many stayed late to avoid the mass of humanity who decided flight was the proper response.

4. In the event of a real apocalypse we need to flee from, events like these prove the DC area is essentially screwed. Bikes might save your life, folks. 

5. If pictures and video from the area are to be relied on, my office mates are generally smarter than the average joe. Most of us stood in doorways rather than run out into the street. This might have something to do with the fact that it's hard to go anywhere fast on the 14th floor of an office building.

6. By the way, it's pretty freaking scary to be on the top floor of a swaying building.

7. I went to twitter before I went to any of the news sites. I knew I'd get instant verification of how widespread the quake was felt. I wasn't wrong.

8. Laugh all you want, but I totally put on a hard hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment