Tuesday, September 06, 2011

September Photo Challenge Day 6: childhood memory

Childhood memories

I was really struggling this morning, wondering how in the heck I was going to capture a childhood memory today. My schedule consisted of work followed by the gym. Those two activities take up approximately every waking hour with the exception of 2 to 3 hours late at night. My subconscious must have been working overtime, however, because I found nostalgia in the form of exercise equipment at the gym. Something spurred me to mix up my routine tonight, and while I was on the rowing machine (something I don't normally do), the memories crept in. What we referred to as "the patio" at my childhood home was reinvented several times while I was young, but one mainstay was the exercise graveyard. Treadmill, exercise bike, rowing machine. They all made their way into the patio at one point or another. I hated them. Well, hate might be a bit strong. I disliked them quite a bit. When I deigned to exercise, I was partial to aerobics videos by Jane Fonda and Cindy Crawford. Why, yes, I am that old.

No comments:

Post a Comment