Friday, October 15, 2010

Schoolyard memories

Have you ever stopped to marvel at how quickly some things become antiquated? I remember being in junior high and my mom telling me how I needed to take typing because it would be a useful skill to have. Typing. I bet they never even fathomed how much of our lives we would spend tethered to computers and mobile phones. Can you imagine typing still being offered as an elective? I swear I'm not that old, but knowing that I took typing makes me feel a little older than I should.

Any antiquated memories you'd like to share?

jazzyjen.tumblr.com

1 comment:

  1. I took typing in junior high (mandatory) on one of those selectric typewriters with the little ball in it. (egads). I love computers and such, but I don't text much ... frankly, I still love a keyboard. All that time spent learning the finger positions and doing letter drills ... I can't imagine typing with my thumbs. :)

    ReplyDelete