Thursday, October 02, 2008

Superheroic

Have you ever stopped to think how amazing our own bodies are? It can perform its own repairs, withstand incredible amounts of pain, completely remold itself, and create life. We expect our friends Marvel and DC Comics to introduce us to our heroes, but we can do some pretty freaky stuff ourselves.

This past weekend I sliced my thumb. Two pieces of skin, gaping, with blood running down my finger. I slapped a band-aid over it for about a day. Earlier today I was sitting at my desk and looked down at my healing thumb. Like magic, my skin has stitched itself back together.

And the ability to create another human?! Think about it. How awesomely alien is that? Get two of us together with the right combination of sperm and egg, and we can grow things!


Anyway...just a bit of rambling. Some days it's just the small things that amaze me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Ah.... how I love reading about blooooood.... :)

    ReplyDelete