Sunday, April 15, 2007

Where is spring

Rain has the power to amplify whatever mood I'm in. If I'm a little down or melancholy, rain further drains my energy, the world weighing heavy like a sodden coat. If I'm upbeat, happy, the rain energizes me, even making me a little hyper. Today's rain, oddly enough, isn't really doing anything. I can almost feel it wanting to bring me down, but I keep fighting it. Waiting for the bus with only a black umbrella over my head, I began to sing (yes...in the rain) to keep my spirits lifted. Before I ventured outside, I let the drumbeat of the falling rain be my music as I brightened up my surroundings with color. When the day is gray, there's nothing like color and a little red stain on your lips to keep things bright.

3 comments:

  1. This weather is like a suicide waiting to happena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've finally learned to love my red lipstick.

    I also love the smell outside after it's rained. At least it's better than snow. I'M READY FOR SPRING!

    ReplyDelete