Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Our Weekend Starts on Wednesday

I'm not Catholic, but every now and then I've given up something for Lent. It's something my church always encouraged, and I thought it sounded like a good idea. This year I've been a bit of a heathen and should probably be giving up quite a bit. When have I ever been good at doing what I'm told to do? I'm obstinate by nature, so this year I figured out a compromise. Armed with a list of five, this year I'll give up one thing and then turn fate on its head by engaging in four more positive activities.

(1) blog every day
(2) flirt every day
(3) touch nothing from the bake case at the Barn
(4) write a letter every day
(5) have a theme song every day*

I reserve the right to add more to this list** at any time during the Lenten season.

*Today's theme song is the title.
**I realize that technically you're not supposed to tell anyone about what your lent thing is, but I think encouragement is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. You're not supposed to tell anyone? Apparently noone I know has ever heard that rule bc all I ever hear during lent is, "I WANT CHOCOLATE BUT I GAVE IT UP!!!!!!"


    Good list:) I really like #5. And Hey Mercedes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving up sex for Lent.

    Well. No. But I would ... if I was having any sex. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete