Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I make noises when I sleep, evidently quite a bit depending on the night. I have been told I moan, snore, whimper and many other things. I was told last week that I screamed. Truthfully, I've always had sleep issues. When I was little I used to walk in my sleep, even going so far as out the front door. As I got older, I walked less and talked more. I also remember having terrible nightmares and never wanting to go to sleep. Someone once told me they think my sleep issues are psychologically based. Isn't that a frightening thought?!

Last night I decided to do something about my noises...or something to start doing something. I decided to videotape myself sleeping. I figure I need to at least hear what other people are experiencing. The downside is that I only had about 55 minutes of tape to spare, so I only caught the first hour of sleep. Here's a recap of what I heard: shift, shift, heavy breathing, couple of light snorts, a moan at minute 18:18, heavy breathing, and some soft snoring. Last night must have been an easy night. I think I'm going to record myself every night this week to see if it changes. Maybe I'll even vary my sleep position. At the very least it's an interesting experiment.

6 comments:

  1. You must have subsonciously not moaned bc you knew you were taping yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think scarlet's right. I also think that you should let US videotape YOU when you're sleeping, because obviously we would get the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to videotape myself, too. I do know that I sleep a lot less freely when other people are around. That's why I never want to sleep other places, bc I know I won't rest as well. But in my own room with the door closed? I wonder what I do and if I make sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an interesting experiment. albeit weird. what if you tape the sounds of little night-elves scurrying about?

    and yeah, i think Scarlet may be on to something

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...last night was a completely different story. I haven't listened to the whole hour yet, but I start off with the moaning pretty quick. Somewhere between orgasm and fear. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:54 PM

    Not a bad idea, but something tells me I would just be gaining one more thing to feel insecure about :)

    ReplyDelete