Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Am I a paranoid doomsayer (and is that a word?)

As I headed downstairs to pick up my second diet coke of the day (peace and happiness reign once again), several thoughts bombarded me.

1. I rely too much on pre-packaged, mass-produced goods.
2. Weather patterns seem to become increasingly erratic (witness another earthquake in Indonesia).
3. The U.S. government is effed up, putting all of its priorities on an obscene war and getting the rich richer.

The world isn't being handled in a sustainable fashion, and I'm tired of contributing to the problem (but so so so don't want to give up my diet coke). I want to have the skills to live off the grid...it may come to that someday. I want to be able to grow my own food and use solar power for my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment