Sunday, November 24, 2013

Stories We Tell

Quad

I'm behind on my whole watch 12 documentaries in 12 months thing, but I'm desperate to catch up. I've even dropped hints to friends with Netflix that we should have a documentary marathon day. Yeah, pathetic.

A few weeks ago I watched Stories We Tell, a documentary by Sarah Polley that explores the life of her own mother and family in a quest to tap into the secret behind veiled rumors she'd grown up with. More than a search for familial truth, the film is a beautiful exploration of storytelling, memory and the narratives we create for ourselves. It really resonated with where I am right now with the short stories and remembrances I share on this site. I'd recommend this film to anyone, but I think that those of you into storytelling and documenting your life will dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment