Tuesday, January 15, 2013

(January) Creating an inviting home

WIP!

The title is a bit disingenuous. I've always been the type of person to immediately unpack after moving, don't hesitate to get art up on the wall and am always making minor adjustments. Still, there have been a few pieces--nightstands, dresser--I've been looking for since I moved into the new space last February. I decided to take my goal of creating more and focus on my apartment in January.

The shot above is a tiny corner of my bedroom. I finally found a bedside table that fit my aesthetic (and that can very easily become something else when I change my mind). Even more exciting though is the locker/cabinet I stenciled! Inspired by Victoria's bathroom makeover, I snagged the Ikea atran medicine cabinet and created a stencil to spiff it up. I think it will be a great place to hide lotion for my dry hands, vitamins I always forget to take and other odds and ends. A friend suggested I use it for me salacious purposes, but that's another conversation for another time. :-)

I've got more home projects up my sleeve that I'll share when done. The downside (upside?) is that this is only making me want to spend the winter months snuggled up at home even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment