Sunday, May 11, 2008

Around the way

I ran errands via foot this morning and found myself getting really annoyed at the suburban landscape. Don't get me wrong, this isn't the first time. I usually get annoyed at the beigeness of it all, but today I was annoyed at all of the crap in my way. I figure the walk from the bank to my house is about 2-3 miles, but with all of the buildings and construction in my way and searching out a sidewalk, it probably came to 4 miles. So...I got annoyed and forged my own path.

















There is new construction everywhere. In the past few years, all the forested areas have become apartment buildings and townhouses and stores.




































I decided to screw the "trail" and cut through the urban landscape. Did you know urban hiking includes cutting through parking garages and over grassy mounds. I got some weird looks, but screw them. This is my urban landscape, but I'll be damned if anyone is going to keep me from forging my own path ;-)























These are some of the urban landscapes I forged. Haha. If you feel bad for me, just think of the poor geese.

3 comments:

  1. This is something I have struggled to acclimatise* to when visiting the States: you need a car to get anywhere. It's so annoying - I really like to walk around a place to get a feel for it but these damn urban landscapes won't allow it...

    * Plus my Mac is now telling me that I've just spelt acclimatise wrong (it's an "s" not a "z" goddammit!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screw 'em! I'm glad you tromped across the forbidden urban landscapes. I trespass pretty much every other day while I'm in the field...

    ReplyDelete