Sunday, April 24, 2011

Brain candy

Slide1

I met my new best friends today. Linda Holmes, Stephen Thompson, Glen Weldon and Trey Graham of the NPR Culturetopia and Pop Culture Happy Hour had me grinning from ear to ear as I listened to their latest podcast, fighting the urge to laugh out loud. You know those people you meet (or in this case hear) and immediately want to be friends with? These are those people.

Since Gilmore Girls went off the air, there has been a void of witty, pop culture references in my life. Listening to the Pop Culture Happy Hour reminded me of Tuesday evenings with Lorelai, Rory and Google (ready to research an obscure reference at a moment's notice). Sure, the NPR podcast is a little bit bourgeois, but the hosts don't take themselves too seriously. They spent at least 15 minutes of the latest episode mocking themselves almost as much as the topic at hand.

It's official. I'm a nerdy fangirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment