Friday, April 24, 2009





















Last Tuesday, instead of hopping on the orange line out to Vienna, I chose a bus to the 9:30 Club to meet gal pal Allie for the Faint concert. It is not unheard of for me to leave my apartment bright and early with an idea for what I would like to do after work only to decide later in the day that my apartment just sounds more inviting. My grand plans to take in a different aspect of this great city fall prey to a long day at work spent saving the world. A girl can get a little tired. That's why I am so glad I was able to tap my energy reserves and make it to the Faint. It.Was.Amazing. I love the Faint (and have been known to proclaim this while pounding a fist to my chest after a couple of drinks). We danced our butts off (well, as much as one can dance their butt off in a small box of space). Everyone shared in the energy of the Faint's driving beats, jumping and writhing. We were sweaty and spent, and I can say without a doubt that there are few better ways to blow off steam after work than dancing with abandon*. Every week should contain this kind of release.


*Helllooooo...have you seen the therapeutic powers of the after work dance on Grey's Anatomy?

1 comment:

  1. almost sounds like an orgy when "everyone shares" in the "writhing"!

    ReplyDelete