Monday, April 17, 2006

Now serving: Revenge

I hate to continue to sound like a harbinger of doom and gloom when, in fact, I'm genuinely happy. However, the blog is called radicalflower because, despite my sweet side, I do like to push the envelope every once in awhile. Today is a push the envelope kind of day.

I'm a vengeful person. I like to dream of making people pay for the wrongs they do to others. Over the past few days I've heard stories from my mom of some of the poor business practices of the company where she has worked all these years. For a company that claims integrity, its employees are treated as second-rate citizens and offered so few benefits that many find it difficult to even make it. And folks, we're talking the publishing industry here, not some sweatshop in a third world country. If I can refuse to buy Nike because of their labor practices, I can certainly do more when my family and others I know are involved. Specifics on their many wrongs will come but for now just know that I've made it my personal goal to ensure their name is smeared in the local and perhaps state news. Don't mess with a girl who considers research her best friend and has more than a few brain cells.

8 comments:

  1. Do you really not wear Nike?


    I can't wait for the smearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, who are we boycotting?!! I'm so down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm i love the sweet taste of revenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! We can start the revenge process by boycotting Barnes and Noble...(Does your mom's publishing company publish books?) Even if not...details shmetails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. let me know who and I'll make sure not to try to get them to publish me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You only dream of making people pay? That's nothing. I actively wish and hope for their demise.... Now that's vengeful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. right on. you're also someone who knows the power of the written word. and therein you wield a formidable weapon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smear them right here on your blog!

    ReplyDelete